- November 30th 2020
- SEO News
Content Writing for Effective Local SEO
This blog is written with Hampshire businesses in mind. Particularly those Hampshire businesses that need to have a strong local SEO presence. If you own a local business and you haven’t optimised your website adequately, you may be missing out on opportunities that are ‘on the doorstep’.
There are a number of separate SEO elements that work together to create a strong local profile. They include:
- Technical set up of the website
- Earning client reviews
- Social media activity
- That the website and digital ‘promises’ are delivered in the real world
- Local content
Local website content and getting it right
This article focuses on the last element; local content for business websites. Local content is an important part of SEO. But no less or more than the other elements mentioned.
Here’s a list of common pitfalls to avoid, plus some quick wins to increase the SEO impact of your local content.
- The articles, blogs and all other content needs to be original. If you’re not a great writer, find someone who is. Scraping content from other sites and re-using it is simply a big no-no!
- If you offer multiple services in multiple locations, the temptation can be to create a page for each one. You need to be careful that your resources are not spread too thinly. You’re better off having a strong page for one location that includes multiple services than creating a ‘thin’ page for each service in every location.
- You might have different services aimed at different markets and perhaps even different brands. If you are a small business have just one website, no matter how disparate your activities may appear. Dividing creates dilution insofar as SEO is concerned.
Tips on creating content for strong local SEO
- A blog on your site lets you add fresh, new and relevant local content that search engines will respond well to.
- If you have multiple location pages, use a testimonial on each, relevant to that location to make the pages different.
- Covid has accelerated the acceptance of video and video content. Ensure a good balance between video and written content on your website.
- Consider local sponsorships e.g. with a youth football team for example, as a way of connecting with another local group. Leapfrog Internet Marketing sponsors one of the local football teams here in Fleet, Hampshire. Write about why it is important for your business to support local teams, projects and causes.
- Join any local business directory websites that may be set up in the areas you operate in. Write about the importance of being part of the community where you live and work.
- Create content that includes contributions from influencers in the locations you are active in.
- Your advisory blogs should always be written with your readers in mind and your content should speak to them directly. For example this blog is written with SME businesses in Hampshire in mind.
If you want to be found online then it’s essential to optimise your website for local SEO. Here at Leapfrog Internet Marketing we have the expertise and professional know-how to help you ‘leapfrog’ to the top of the search engine rankings. Contact us today and see how we can give your business the local profile it deserves.
- What Is The Future Of Networking In The Post-Pandemic Business World? - July 27th 2021
- The Holy Trinity of Marketing Communication - June 7th 2021
- Business owners must not lose control of the marketing strategy - March 31st 2021
"As part of the service, the team at Leapfrog reviewed one of my websites for SEO and presented their findings in video format. I’ve never seen anything like this before and I could see the results of the tests and clear recommendations for action. I can thoroughly recommend this part of Leapfrog's service!!"Peter Clarke, PPG Proofreading
"One area in which Leapfrog has excelled is communication. Any queries are always promptly dealt with and we also receive excellent monthly reporting, with videos that clearly explain our progress. This is great as it gives us a clear picture of what’s going on."Leigh Emmerson, Voice Fairy
“Leapfrog provides fantastic video reports, to help explain the topline results. As SEO is a hidden science, this has made the whole process a lot clearer.”Rebecca Couture, Rebecca Couture Millinery
"When it comes to organic SEO, Leapfrog's your company. Thanks for everything you've done for my business."Paul Deach, Deachy Social Media
"Over a 6-month period, we’ve improved from a position of no ranking at all, to achieving page 1 rankings for our key search term. In a highly competitive market, this is really impressive and has already increased our organic traffic by more than 400% over a 6-month period. We can definitely recommend Leapfrog to other businesses struggling to get seen by Google."Leigh Emmerson, Voice Fairy
"I’m very happy to recommend Leapfrog Internet Marketing. They took the time to really understand our organisation’s marketing strategy and provided an SEO solution that significantly improved our Google listing. In summary: professional, honest, fun, results-orientated."Charles Wallace, BAE Systems
"Leapfrog Internet Marketing has been key in supporting my clients, providing SEO services to allow them to achieve increased and more qualified traffic to their sites. I've worked with Geoff and the team on several different sized projects and am very pleased with the results achieved. I highly recommend Leapfrog Internet Marketing for your online SEO needs."Oliver Schlieben, Digital Marketing Strategist
“The company is really helpful and approachable and you’re never made to feel embarrassed when asking questions.”Rebecca Couture, Rebecca Couture Millinery
"Leapfrog Internet Marketing has been a key resource in providing insights and strategies within the SEO arena. Their work is always of a very high standard and always delivered on time. I would have no hesitation in recommending Leapfrog to any business."Drew Griffiths, Mosaic
"I've been benefitting from Leapfrog’s expertise and experience for several months now and really value the way in which they make knowledge so accessible. We've worked on improving website authority and content, list building and social media optimisation. A great company to work with and very good value."Chris Farrance, Frontier Digital Business Consultants
"Month-on-month we’ve seen fantastic improvements. Over the first 6-month period, search traffic has increased by over 550%. We've achieved page 1 rankings for at least 85 keywords relating to our key products, the site is now found on Google nearly 5000 times per month and an additional 800+ users visit the site monthly."Rebecca Couture, Rebecca Couture Millinery
"The team at Leapfrog has been able to keep an eye on our site, using their specialised knowledge to not only spot any invisible problems that will affect SEO and site speed, but also identify any coding errors. This kind of value-added benefit is a great asset and makes a real difference for our company."Leigh Emmerson, Voice Fairy
"Leapfrog Internet Marketing have been working on our website for 6+ months now and we have certainly seen the benefits of professional SEO. Organic leads have significantly increased in line with our Google position and ranking. I’d highly recommend Geoff and the team at Leapfrog Internet Marketing."Mark Dalton, The Tech Lounge
“We’re really happy with Leapfrog Internet Marketing. We feel every step has been clearly explained, the communication is excellent and we’ve seen month-on-month improvements that have converted to enquiries and those all-important sales. We’ve definitely received the return on investment we were looking for.”Rebecca Couture, Rebecca Couture Millinery